Bhubaneswar: Odisha School & Mass Education Minister Samir Ranjan Dash today directed the Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE) to change the schedule of the Odisha +2 Science Exam-2022.
The schedule was released by the CHSE on March 24. However, many students raised objections over the schedule due to less gap between exam days.
Taking the grievances of the students into consideration, the minister has issued direction to the CHSE to make necessary changes in the schedule.
Dash informed that students of as many as 1586 higher secondary schools will appear for the annual +2 exam, this year. The examinations will be conducted at 1148 centres while CCTV cameras will be installed at each centre, the minister said.
The exams are scheduled to commence from April 28. More than 3,20,000 students of Arts, Science, Commerce and Vocational streams will appear for the examinations.
In view of the COVID-19 situation, the State Government has decided to take the following ‘sympathetic’ steps.
- All practical examinations shall be conducted internally by the Higher Secondary Schools with their own teachers.
- 20% weightage in both theory and practical will be given from the performance of the students in quarter-end examinations which were conducted by the schools internally. For this purpose, their performance in best two internal tests out of three shall be taken into account.
- Every student will be assessed in two separate schemes in a paper.
- Performance of the candidates based on their performance only in Annual HS Examination.
- 80% weightage on the basis of performance in Annual HS Examination and 20% weightage from the performance in quarter-end examinations.
- Highest of the marks obtained by the students in above two schemes shall be the final mark in that paper.
- While calculating 20% weightage of quarter-end examination and 80% weightage on annual examination, every fraction will be rounded off to the next whole number.
- Keeping in view the hot weather condition, the examinations will be conducted in one sitting everyday from 9.00AM.