Bhubaneswar: The Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE), Odisha has decided to award marks to +2 students this year on the basis of their performance in Class-10 Board exams.
The following modalities have been prepared by the CHSE for alternate evaluation:
* Scores will be awarded to the regular examinees in theory papers/ theory components of papers on basis of the performance of the examinee in the Class-10 Board examination. For this purpose, a detailed subject mapping has been prepared.
* Scores in theory papers for ex-regular examinees will be awarded on the basis of their performance in the previous CHSE examination which they had appeared.
* Scores will be awarded in the practical/ proiect component of a paper both for Regular and Ex-Regular Examinees at their Higher Secondary School level. The Scores awarded at the H.S. School level will be scrutinized and moderated.
* An examinee not satisfied with the result declared on the basis of Alternative Assessment Criteria, can opt to appear the Examination in the Offline mode which will be conducted when the situation will be conducive.
* A notification detailing the modalities is being issued and uploaded in CHSE website.
* The results will be declared in 2nd week of August, 2021.
Notably, the state government had cancelled this year’s +2 examination in view of the COVID-19 situation.