Odisha students to get cash instead of laptop; know how to apply
Bhubaneswar: The Higher Education Department, Government of Odisha has been distributing free laptops to meritorious +2 pass out students since 2013. However, instead of distributing the laptops physically under “Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Yojana”, it has decided to convert the scheme into a Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) one with effect from the financial year 2020-21.
As per the decision, Rs 30,000 will be transferred to the bank account of beneficiary student.
Below are step-by-step instructions for applying:
• Visit the website www.samsodisha.gov.in and click on “Degree (+3)” under “Higher Education”. Then, Click on “Laptop DBT Scheme”.
• To login SAMS Portal Use your mobile number and password (Registered and created login during the academic session 2018-19).
• After successful login, eligible applicant (as per the list available under the link: https://samsodisha.gov.in/Degreeweb.aspx) can view their required details and also required to provide following details for further process:
i. Aadhaar Number
ii. Upload the legible scan copy of Aadhaar Card
iii. Applicant’s Name as mention in Bank Passbook
iv. Applicant’s Bank Account number
v. IFSC Code
vi. Bank Address
vii. Upload the legible Bank Passbook front page
viii. Mobile number of Applicant where OTP will be sent
ix. e-Mail ID of Applicant where OTP will sent
• If the student has forgotten/ want to change their registered Mobile number, they need to send a mail to [email protected], duly filled and signed form Annexure-A as mentioned in the guideline to change mobile number & register for the scheme. Also, for further clarification they may call on-+0674-2954600.
• The list of Students (Students taken admission Offline and Sanskrit Colleges during the session) coming under the SAMS are required to send their CHSE Roll Number/Mark Sheet, Aadhar Card Copy, Bank Passbook Front Page to Mail ID [email protected] These details must be created under the SAMS Platform.
• After received OTP Offline & Sanskrit college’s Students can be eligible and apply for the BYSY Scheme.
• As per the details submitted by the Students, Department will verify the eligibility.
Instructions for the beneficiaries to avail DBT facility:
i. The meritorious students who pass 12th level from CHSE, Odisha, would be eligible to receive Rs.30,000/- (Rupees thirty thousand) only in lieu of laptop under the Scheme. The vocational students passing from CHSE (O) and Upashastri students passing from Shri Jagannath Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Puri are also eligible to get the same benefits. The selection of students under the scheme would be taken from 12th results conducted by CHSE, Odisha on the basis of merit under each category.
ii. Merit list of 15,000 students for this purpose shall be drawn from annual Higher Secondary examination passed students on the basis of the pass percentage of a district.
iii. Budget provision of Rs.45 Crs (15000 * Rs 30,000/-) shall be made for the said purpose through state plan scheme.
iv. An online module by integrating the SAMS database has been developed so as to facilitate smooth implementation of the scheme for transfer of funds to the student’s bank account directly. The selected meritorious students are required to upload their details in the DBT module link given in the Department’s website i.e.- www.dhe.odisha.gov.in by 18th March 2021.
v. Soon after the entries of details of the students through the link, the same will be auto validated with the beneficiary’s mobile number. Then the valid list will be published.
vi. While filling up the details in the online application, in case of any difficulty the students may email to [email protected] or call on 0674-2954600. If the student wants to change the mobile number in the SAMS database to fill up the online application form, the student will have to send the self attested copy of Aadhaar card and duly filled in form as mentioned in Annexure-A by email to [email protected] The same will be updated within one (01) working day.
vii. Last date of uploading the beneficiary details in link given at Department website is 18-March 2021. Claim beyond the last date would not be entertained.
viii. Soon after publication of select list of candidates, students who have any grievance (regarding caste change, mark re-addition, etc.) shall place the same before the concerned Principals. On consideration, if the grievance is found to be genuine, the Principals may request to the Department to include the name of such students in the supplementary list, provided there is surplus allotment.
ix. A supplementary list of students will be published immediately after 24-March-2021 to cover for the number of eligible students under supplementary category. This list will also include the names of such students whose grievance are to be redressed. The last date for the selected students of supplementary list for uploading their details in the website is 30-March-2021.
x. The selected students will have to open the Bank account in their own name if already no account exist in his/her name. But the KYC has to be updated in all accounts either old or new. Accounts such as:- Jan Dhan account/ Krushak Kalyan account where the KYC is not updated and the limitations of fund transfer is Rs.10,000/- will not be entertained under the Scheme.