Puri: The Shree Jagannath Temple in Odisha’s Puri, which was closed for public since April 24 due to the COVID-19 situation, reopened for all devotees today.
The darshan timings will be from 07:00 AM to 07:00 PM. The temple will remain closed for public darshan on all Saturdays and Sundays as a measure to contain the spread of COVID-19 and in order to sanitize the temple premises.
General guidelines for all devotees on account of COVID-19
* It is mandatory for all devotees to wear Masks at all times, inside & outside the Temple.
* Devotees should sanitize their hands before entering into the Temple.
* Devotees should maintain physical distance at all times as per COVID-19 guidelines and follow Covid appropriate behavior.
* Devotees are requested not to touch Statues or idols inside the Temple.
* It is prohibited to take flowers/ bhoga/ deepa inside the Temple. There will be big containers placed at the entrance, where such items can be dropped, if being carried by the devotees.
* Lighting of the Deepas inside the Temple by the devotees will not be permitted at all.
* Chewing of Tobacco/ Paan and spitting inside the Temple premises is strictly prohibited. A fine of Rs.500/- will be levied for each violation.
* There is a complete ban on carrying Polythene Bags inside the Temple. A fine of Rs.100/- will be levied for each violation.
* There will be no partaking of Mahaprasad inside Ananda Bazar & Temple premises. However, the devotees can carry Mahaprasad & partake it at their place of residence or any other convenient place.
* There will be a separate queue for Differently-abled devotees, for darshan of the Lords.
* Parking of the vehicles will be done only at Jagannath Ballav Math premise or any other designated place.
Guidelines for all devotees who will be visiting the Temple w.e.f 23.08.2021
* Queue system will open from 07:00 AM. Devotees will make entry through the barricades opposite to the Shoe stand, situated on North East side of the temple complex.
* All devotees visiting the Temple will have to produce the Final Certificate for Covid-19 vaccination (of having taken two Doses) or COVID-19 negative certificate (RT PCR) of testing done within 96 hours prior to their visit to the Temple.
* All devotees will be required to bring their photo ID Card like Aadhaar/ Voter ID etc.
* Devotees will leave their belongings at the designated place outside the Temple; produce their ID proof for verification and follow the COVID-19 guidelines of hand sanitization & thermal scanning before entering the Temple.
* All devotees will enter through Singhadwar. After the Darshan, the exit will be through Uttaradwar.