Bhubaneswar: The Twin City Commissionerate Police issued traffic advisory today, ahead of the oath taking ceremony of Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, tomorrow.
The police has issued passes of three colours, namely pink, green and yellow to vehicles and marked specific routes for corresponding cardholders to ensure smooth traffic flow and hassle-free commutation to and from Bhubaneswar on May 29.
As per the guidelines:
- Madhusudan Marg (Housing Board Square to Ram Mandir Temple) will remain closed to general public between 7 am and 12 noon tomorrow and no public vehicle without pass will be allowed to enter this route;
- Vehicles issued with ‘Pink Pass’ will proceed to venue via Keshari Talkies and park the vehicles at designated parking place inside the venue;
- Vehicles issued with ‘Green Pass’ will proceed to venue through Housing Board Square and park the vehicles at on either side of Madhusudan Marg and enter through Gate No.3;
- Vehicles issued with ‘Yellow Pass’ will come through Ram Mandir Square and drop the invitees on the road near Xavier High School and park their vehicles in Capital High School field. Those dropped-off invitees will enter the venue through gates no. 4 and 5;
- The general public coming from Vani Vihar side intending to go towards Housing Board Square from Ram Mandir, will go straight towards Master Canteen and then take a diversion towards Lower PMG, and
- The general public coming from Acharya Vihar side towards Housing Board Square and intending to go towards Ram Mandir , will go straight towards PMG Square and then take a diversion towards Master Canteen Square.
Naveen Patnaik will be administered the oath for the fifth time by the Governor of Odisha at 10.30 am on May 23 at IDCO Exhibition Ground in Bhubaneswar.