Minor fire breaks out at Odisha CM’s chamber, contained

Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Bhubaneswar, Apr 27: 

Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik’s chamber in Odisha Assembly today caught fire at about half past noon. However, no loss of life or property has been reported because of the incident.

CMO Office fire

“It was a minor fire. There has been no damage to life or property because of the fire. Fire Department personnel were pressed into service immediately and we managed to contain it in a short while,” said Fire Station Officer Manoranjan Rout.

“The fire started because of an electrical short circuit that started from the set-top box of a TV in the office,” he added.

“The fire started from the set-top box of a TV. Senior officials and many other staff were present there at the time of incident. Only a portion of the plywood and the TV has been damaged. I can assure you that there has been no damage to any document,” said BJD Bari MLA Debasis Nayak.

“The Chief Minister was not in office at the time of the incident as he had been to Delhi. He will reach here late today,” he added.

Director General of Police K.B. Singh, who rushed to the chief minister’s chamber, said an electrical short circuiting from the digital clock on a set-top box of a television set in the office started the fire.

He said the general electrical division would inquire into and pinpoint the cause of the fire. Fire Department personnel managed to douse the fire quickly.

Also Read

Comments are closed.