Fire inside Odisha’s Sri Mandir

Puri: In a freak case of fire inside Sri Mandir-the abode of Lord Jagannath and his siblings, a (chandua) canopy fixed inside the Jagamohan (prayer hall adjacent of the sanctum sanctorum) was damaged today.

According to eyewitness reports, the canopy caught fire while workmen were engaged in welding inside the Jagamohan which is under repair.

The fire was caused by a spark from the welding work that hit the canopy, reports added.

Also Read

Comments are closed.