Odisha: Security guard dies due to asphyxiation in Odisha’s Keonjhar, another critical

Keonjhar: A security guard died today and another became critical due to asphyxiation by the smoke of a mosquito repellant at a private company’s office in Keonjhar district.

The deceased was identified as 30-year-old Sahadev Mahanta, who belonged to Kumaranali village under Harichandanpur block and the injured has been identified as 30-year-old Surendra Majhi, who hails from Bardhana village under Baria police limits. Surendra is a driver working in the company.

According to a source, the mishap took place when both Sahadev and Surendra were sleeping in a room at night. They had burnt two mosquito repellant sticks to get rid of the mosquitoes. They went to sleep after closing the windows and doors of the room. However, as the ill fate could have it, Sahadev and Surendra got asphyxiated by the repellant’s smoke leading to an untimely death.

Sahadev and Surendra were rescued by some other staff in the morning. They were admitted to the district headquarters hospital (DHH) in Keonjhar town in critical condition for treatment, where doctors declared Sahadev ‘dead’. The condition of Surendra is stable now, a doctor treating him said.

“Reason behind the death can be known only after a post-mortem report comes in, a cop said.

Also Read

Comments are closed.