Bhubaneswar: The Twin City Commissionerate Police will impose restrictions on vehicular movement in Odisha capital for the state-level Republic Day parade at Mahatma Gandhi Marg here and its rehearsal on January 22, 23 and 24.
* No heavy vehicle shall be allowed to ply on Janpath from Ram Mandir to Rajmahal and vice versa from 06.30 AM onwards till the parade is over. No vehicle shall be allowed to ply on Mahatma Gandhi Marg from 06.30 AM onwards till the parade is over.
* No vehicle shall be allowed to come towards Rabindra Mandap crossing from Housing Board crossing side from 06.30 AM onwards on January 26 and shall be diverted at Keshari Talkies crossing towards the left side lane.
* No vehicle shall be allowed to move towards PMG Square from A.G. square side from 06.30 AM onwards on January 26 and shall be diverted from Jaydev Bhawan crossing towards IDCOL auditorium side.
* Vehicles coming from 120 Infantry Battalion crossing shall be diverted towards Unit-4 at MLA colony crossing from 06.30 A.M. onwards on January 26.
* All lanes touching Mahatma Gandhi Marg shall be sealed and only pedestrians shall be allowed to go to Mahatma Gandhi Marg.
* The aforesaid restrictions on traffic movement shall also be imposed during rehearsal parade on January 22 and 23 between 2 PM and 5.30 PM, and on January 24 between 7 AM and 10.30 AM.
The following places have been designated as “Parking Places” during the parade hours:
BDA Bus Stand near Railway station, open space in front of Congress Bhawan, open space in front of IDCOL Auditorium, open space in front of Jaydev Bhawan, open space in front of SBI in Unit-III, open space inside Rabindra Mandap and Unit-II Girls’ High School Ground.