Mother, son electrocuted in Odisha’s Balasore
Balasore: In an unfortunate incident, a mother-son duo was electrocuted at Bhograi area in Odisha’s Balasore district.
The deceased persons were identified as Jayanti Sethy (57) and Kartik Sethy (35) of Bhograi village.
According to reports, Kartik was cutting an iron rod attached to a poultry coop with a cutter. However, the iron rod was charged with electricity after a wire connecting the coop came in contact with the iron material. As a result, the 35-year-old youth got the electric shock. Seeing her son’s condition, Jayanti ran to him and held him for rescue for which she also met the same fate.
The victims were immiditately taken to Jaleswarpur Community Health Centre (CHC) in critical condition, where the mother-son duo was declared dead.
Two separate unnatural death cases have been registered in this regard at Bhograi Police Station.