Odisha: Child dies of snakebite, father critical after sucking venom from body

Sonepur: A tragic incident occurred at Hilunga village in Biramaharajpur area of Odisha’s Sonepur district as a three-year-old boy lost his life due to a venomous snake bite.

The deceased, identified as Sagar, was playing near a staircase when a cobra bit him on his left leg and thigh. Hearing his cries, his parents rushed to the scene.

Sagar’s father, in an attempt to save his son, tried to extract the venom by sucking it out from his son’s leg. However, this act put him at risk, and he fell ill.

Both father and son were immediately taken to Biramaharajpur Sub-Divisional Hospital, where the child was declared dead.

The boy’s father was later shifted to the Sonepur District Headquarters Hospital as his condition deteriorated.

Also Read

Comments are closed.