Keonjhar: A major fire broke out at Rahasa daily market in Odisha’s Keonjhar town today reducing around 25-30 shops to ashes.
Properties worth lakhs of rupees were destroyed in the fire mishap.
According to reports, the outbreak of fire took place at the busiest market of the town, this morning. Though the reason of the incident was yet to be ascertained, it is being suspected that electrical short circuit at a shop might have led to the accident.
As the shops are located close to each other, fire started spreading rapidly.
On being informed, Fire Services personnel reached the spot and doused the flames after a 3-hour-long effort.
Some of the locals alleged that delay in arrival of the Fire Services personnel caused more damage to the shops.
Comments are closed.