‘Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha’ launched to augment rural infra
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government has renamed and modified its ‘Ama Gaon Ama Bikash’ initiative as ‘Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha’ to take up measures for augmenting rural infrastructure in the state.
The state Cabinet headed by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today approved a proposal in this regard.
The state government will also promote, preserve and protect Jagannath culture and tradition under the initiative, said an official.
The new initiative will be made effective under the state plan from 2023-24 financial year. The state government has allocated Rs 4,000 crore under the scheme, added the official.
The scheme will cover all gram panchayats in each block of Odisha with financial entitlement of Rs 50 lakh, he added.
“The vision of the new scheme is to transform Odisha in to a modern state by retaining the essence, soul and spirit of Jagannath culture. The main objective of the scheme is to provide missing links to the existing small and essential projects and development of infrastructure in the state,” said the official.
The state government strives to empower women and youths and bridge critical gap in education, digital and sports facilities through the scheme.
Details of the scheme:
- The vision of the intervention is to transform Odisha to modern and aspirational Odisha retaining the essence, soul and spirit of Jagannath culture and spreading over to the world.
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide missing links to the existing small and essential projects and development of infrastructure.
- Improvement of infrastructure for primary education and also providing missing links to the existing development infrastructure, modernization and expansion
- Creating additional facilities for Mission Shakti Groups at GP level construction.
- Bridging critical gaps at GP level to improve rural areas by way of providing urban facilities.
- Development of sports facilities for the youth.
- Providing Banking Facilities
- Improvement of digital access in terms of mobile connectivity, optical fibre connectivity, WiFi and internet connectivity
- There is budget provision of Rs. 4000.00 crore under the scheme from the State Budget.
- The scheme will cover all Gram Panchayats in each Block of the State with entitlement of Rs. 50.00 lakh.
- The project cost shall be between Rs. 2.50 lakh to Rs.10.00 lakh.
- The projects under the scheme shall be suggested/ recommended by local people/community organizations/public representatives and other stake holders.
- The consolidated G.P. wise project list of the Block shall be submitted to PR & DW Department with signatures of Collector and President, Zilla Parishad of the district for due examination and approval of Government.
- The Panchayat Samiti shall execute the work departmentally following due to select any other procedure. The Collector shall be authorized agency/agencies for execution of work.
9. Transparency measures such as a web based MIS for monitoring of the Scheme and a dedicated app for sharing of photographs before, during and after for each project with GIS tagging shall be developed under the scheme.