Bhubaneswar: COVID-19 death toll in Odisha is inching toward 200-mark with 10 more fatalities reported in the last 24 hours.
“Regret to inform the demise of 10 Covid positive patients while under treatment in hospitals,” State Health & Family Welfare Department informed in a tweet today.
With this, the number of deaths in Odisha rose to 197.
Of fresh deceased cases, 4 COVID-19 deaths were reported from Ganjam district, 3 from Khordha district and 1 each from Jajpur, Kalahandi and Sundargarh districts.
The toll in COVID-19 hotspot Ganjam district surpassed 100-mark with fresh deaths in the last 24 hours. The total number of deaths in the district now climbed to 103.
Here’re details of deceased cases shared by the State H&FW Department:
1. 73-year old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension, Ischemic Heart Disease & Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
2. 58-year old male of Khordha district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
3. 57-year old male of Ganjam district.
4. 78-year old female of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Hypertension & Dilated Cardio Myopathy.
5. 80-year old male of Jajpur district who was also suffering from Diabetes and Hypertension.
6. 94-year old female of Ganjam district.
7. 45-year old female of Ganjam district.
8. 60-year old female of Khordha district who was also suffering from Hypertension, Diabetes & Chronic Kidney Disease.
9. 57-year old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Hypertension and Diabetes.
10. 62-year old male of Kalahandi district who was also suffering from disseminated Tuberculosis and drug-induced Hepatitis.
Moreover, one more COVID-19 patient died due to other health complications in the State. The deceased person is from Gajapati district.
“Regret to report the demise of a 65-year old male Covid positive patient of Gajapati district who expired due to end stage Chronic Kidney Disease,” the State H&FW Department tweeted.
With this, the number of deaths other than COVID reached 39 in the State.