Bhubaneswar: Junior Engineer Sunil Kumar Padhy, who allegedly fled from his residence during a Vigilance raid in Bhubaneswar, was traced by the team of the anti-corruption wing.
Reports said that the official was hiding at his neighbour’s house. After the raids intensified at his residence, he came out following which the Vigilance team captured him.
Sunil Padhy, the Junior Engineer of Rural Water Supply and Sanitation (RWSS) in Bhubaneswar, allegedly jumped from the rooftop of his residence at Jagamara area and ran away in the morning after he found Vigilance team at his house for the raid on an allegation of possession of disproportionate assets.
The Vigilance officials conducted simultaneous raids at five locations in Bhubaneswar city and Ganjam district today.
During searches, the Vigilance team found following assets in the name of Padhy and his family members:
1. Triple-storey building located over plot No.500/5120, Mallick Complex, Padhy Villa, Jagamara, Bhubaneswar worth approximately Rs.1.10 Crore.
2) One market complex at Aska, Ganjam.
3) Cash Rs.3,40,000/-.
4) 1 four wheeler (Grand i-10) and 4 two wheelers.
5) 17 numbers of Bank accounts in different Banks found and are under scrutiny.
6) Insurance, Postal and other deposits are under verification.
7) Land/plots are being verified.
Till the last report came in, the searches were underway.